Need advice please....

My husband and I just bought a house, we move next week. How can I make the transition easier for my two small children ages 1 year and 3 years? How did your children react? How long did it take before they slept in there own beds in there new rooms? I'm so nervous about how they are going to deal with this! They both sleep excellent in there rooms right now, I would hate to mess that up. Any advice is appreciated...thank you in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm trying to remember what we did. I think I just put them in their room which they share and they slept there just fine with no trouble. That my kids though and yours might be different.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Include your 3 year old in the move. Let them help pack up their toys and clothes. When we moved into our house, we took our son to the house before we moved the furniture in and let him check it out for himself. We showed him where his new room was, and just let him look around. On moving day, he helped with packing his stuff and once we got the furniture into his room, we let him unpack the boxes. He did just fine. Congratulations on the new home, and here's to many years of love, and happiness!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It didnt really take them long to adjust whenever we moved. They didnt have sleep issues either.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• When we moved my son was 2 and again t just before his 4 birthday. Each time we made sure to make his room up as it was at the 'old' house. His sheets his posters and wall clings, toy in place books on shelf... before he got there. He stayed with grandparents while we moved. He never had a probelm was in his own room that night. I have never lat my kids sleep in my bed though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I DONT KNOW BECAUSE I HAVEN'T DONE IT. BUT INVOLVE THEM AS MUCH AS YOU CAN EVEN DECORATING THEIR ROOM, OR PUTTING THINGS AWAY IN A NEW PLACE! WOULD BE FUN AND EXCITING FOR THEM.
    MOMMA111

Answer by MOMMA111 at 2:56 AM on Nov. 6, 2009