birth control

so i hear bad things about mirena and good but who has used paragaurd any good bad stories people getting pregnant, weight gain all that fun stuff
thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ive only heard bad. but i think it mainly depends on your body. some peoples body just rejects it. um Birth control period will make you gain inless you eat healthy and exercise often. my doctor told me to eat healthy and excerise reg when i got on BC depo and i didnt gained 20 lbs got off bc i was gianing got on the pill gained another 5 i got off completly been BC free for 3 months now. i think im pregnant lol so GL hun idk about mirena to b honest but ive heard about it. all BC as a total has its risks and good factors
    Butterflyluvn88

Answer by Butterflyluvn88 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I'm a first time, older mother (38) and my understanding is that if we want to attempt one more child, not to go on birth control as time is short and women who use BC have difficulty conceiving within a year or two after going off.... research the web for any lawsuits or side affects (as one of my friends is just now going off Yaz and has had horrible side affects) Personally I was on Orthotrycycline low and i gained 60lbs in 5 months which took me a year to shed. Why don't you speak to your OB about the wee insert (forgetting the name) to block seamen?
    lalafreduu

Answer by lalafreduu at 5:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• well im pretty sure it's the hormones in bc that make you gain weight and paragaurd doesnt have hormones so i doubt it would cause weight gain
    Anonymous

• I absolutely loved Paraguard!!!! I had it for 8 years without a problem. The only draw back is that I had heavy periods for about 5 months after I got it. I didn't gain any weight. The insertion was very much like getting a pap...very, very slight cramps afterwards. No big deal at all. Removal was even easier. It didn't take that long to get preg after it was removed. Send me a message if you have more questions.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I have heard both good & bad about ParaGuard...but more bad from hormonal methods, so therefore that's what I'll be getting after I'm all healed up from having my lil guy (plus, in the past, hormonal has just messed with me so badly they were shocked I got pregnant when I did). You shouldn't gain excess weight from it considering it is non-hormonal (& the hormones in most BC is what cause weight gain) but you'll still want to eat right & excersize or else you'll gain weight just from sitting around hehe. It's also good for if you want more kids considering you're able to conceive very shortly after having it removed (unlike hormonal which can take weeks to months).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i have heard good and bad things about all birth controls!! i had the mirena and loved it until it fell out. i wanted to get another one but couldnt afford it. now i am on the pill. i dont know if mirena made me gain weight, but i never lost any after the baby either... just do ur research and decide if its right for u
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 10:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2009