A perfect reward?

My 6 year old daughter learned the Hail Mary and Our Father. When I was young my aunt gave me a dollar when I learned the two prayers. She did the same for my older daughter as well. She taught me the rosary next.

My aunt passed away a few years ago I would like to hold the tradition and get my daughter a special gift as well. Any ideas?

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 5:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• my mom got a cute new cross bracelet when she learned the prayers when she was little.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• A really nice bookmark for her Bible.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• The ladies before me came up with the ideas I had... my dd received a bronze teady bear holding a cross necklace/charm from her aunt...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• you could also get her a personalized bible.. or a nice bracelet/necklace, like necro suggested..

they also have some pretty cute precious moments crosses with little girls or boys kneeling and praying. My mom got me that when I first learned mine. (I'm not anymore, but that's another story).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I found this pretty rad bracelet with the Disciples and a crucifix. It was about 5 dollars, it's stretchy and since she is 6, it would be something a) to show hey you did a good job honey! and b) she can learn to take care of it before she gets older and gets more precious jewelry.

My grandmother's sister gave me a pendent with the Lord's prayer when I turned 13. Also, from other posts you might have gathered I am an Atheist, but my grandmother gave me a St. Therese medallion that said "I will spend my Heaven doing good upon the Earth." My grandmother told me that it fit my personality
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2009