Do you have a frenemy?

My best friend has turned into the most negative person on Earth! I don't know what her deal is but shes toxic to be around this past year. Should I just look past it or walk away from her? Its gotten to be where everything she does annoys me. It doesn't matter what I say its something negative in return. I'll try to talk about tv shows she used to like and she'll turn her nose up and say "I don't care for that anymore its stupid." Or I'll ask her to lunch and she'll say "I don't like eating there anymore." No matter where I say. We get stuck watching these weird movies when see a show. Always have to eat Indian food no matter what when we go to eat. Its always her her her. UGH!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Life is to short for frenemies! Try to let her know your feelings and that you are not feeling close to her as a result of all this and give her examples. Try to do it in a nonconfrontational way w/love but if things don't change, I'd drop her. Times change, people change and so do friendships. Sounds like this one may have fun its course which is always sad but just remember that when one door closes another opens and maybe your true BFF is out there waiting for you!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• hmm interesting...i noticed you put in the word "any more"....why doesnt she do these things any more???something must have happened.did she get a new friend does she think she is to good.it sounds to me like there is something there.i would find out what.if she is still your friend she will tell you....
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• omg yes. she was the worst type of friend.When we had a fight, she told me my identity theft got to my head. I dumped her friendship a few months afterwards. She was just using me to get to our condo.
    Anonymous

• Yeah anymore. Its weird because everything shes saying she hates and doesnt want to do is all things that we have always done. It wasn't a gradual change it was like over night all of a sudden she "hates" everything. I don't use the word hate lightly and it annoys me because she says it constantly. I "hated" that book. I "hate" chinese food. I "hate" Desperate Housewives... whatever then insults you for liking it when you used to like these things together. Its not a new friend because all of her other friends have pretty much walked away too. I hate to but I can't stand listening to it! Thanks for listening guys!
    Anonymous