20 weeks and I'm really Not Showing

I have definitely gained some weight, there is no doubt about that, however, is it normal not to really show at 20 weeks. I'm not of any abnormal weight. This is my first pregnancy so I'm constantly worrying about everything. Also should you feel the baby move at 20 weeks, and how do you know when it is moving?

RobinGonzo

Asked by RobinGonzo at 5:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i didn't show with my first pregnancy until about 30 weeks so i wouldn't worry too much. I am only about 16weeks with my 4th pregnancy and already showing a little bit. So i think you show earlier with multiple pregnancies. Congrats on your pregnancy. You are half way there!!!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• people at work didn't know I was pregnant (except for a few) until two weeks before I delivered. (and she was over 6 lbs. and healthy)
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I didn't show really start showing until around 28 weeks so nothing to worry about! The first movement feel like little flutters and bubbles and as the baby gets larger the movements become much more defined. I felt the first movement at about 22 or 23 weeks lol woke me out of a dead sleep just a new experience and a harder kick but it isn't painful! So don't worry too much and enjoy your pregnancy!! You're gonna miss it when its over!! Good Luck and congrats!!!
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• you don't show as fast with your first baby.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i didn't start to show till around 30 weeks and even then i was not very big i'm 39 week and I always get a really you sooo tiny!! lol but i didn't feel my baby move till around 23-24 weeks and it was no cute flutters or a fish! it was a kick!! it`s a diffrent feeling you may not know right away but you'll relize hey thats the baby lol

Anonymous

• **your
    lol sorry
    Anonymous

• With my first I didn't 'look' pregnant until almost 35 weeks! I just looked like I was gaining weight. With my second I was showing by 15 weeks! Every pregnancy is different for sure! It is normal to feel the first movement between 18-25 weeks. Just take time at night to lay still and wait but don't panic if you feel nothing.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• With my first I didn't show until I was almost 6 months along. But as for feeling the baby move, put your hand on your lower abdomen when you lay down and just wait. My first was constantly moving on my right side, but this little guy is moving on my left. You'll feel a little bumping movement on your hand, that's the baby moving. :)
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• for the person that said that you dont show fast on the first pregnancy. thats a lie. i know plenty of people that show early. i even showed early on my first pregnancy. and to answer the question..its perfectly normal have you ever seen the show i didnt know i was pregnant. the women had periods they were showing and didnt feel baby moving and didnt even know they were pregnant until the were pushing and delivered the baby. all pregnancies are different. so theres no right way to look or anything. as for you question about feeling baby move. you will definitely know when baby is moving. and if you dont feel baby at all as long as baby is healthy then thats ok too. try not to worry too much.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I'm 26 weeks and barely look pregnant. Most people think I've either gained a few pounds or am still in that barely there baby bump stage.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 9:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2009