OMG I'm FREAKING OUT!!

So I just wen't to the bathroom and my Mirena fell out!! Needless to say my fiance and I had ALOT of sex this weekend in celebration of my birthday... My son is only 5 months old so I'm freaking out!! Has anyone else had this happen?? I'm still breastfeeding so I should be ok, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you really do not want to be pregnant again then call your doctor and get the morning after pill. If you could come to accept a pregnancy and be happy about another baby then wait and see.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Never had it happen but I would call the doc.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• If you don't want to get pregnant get back to the doctor. Breastfeeding is NOT birth control! Geesh.
    Anonymous

• I think its makes it harder to get preggo breastfeeding but I would def go get the morning after pill(you can buy it at any pharmacy) and wait to have sex until your on a different birth control
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 7:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Breastfeeding is not birth control. You can def still get pregnant when breastfeeding. If you go to any pharmacy, they will dispense the morning after pill without a prescription. Or, call your doc first thing tomorrow morning
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• you can get pregnant while bf, is not a form of birth control. i wuld go to the doc.my sister got preggo onthe iud. YOU STILL OVULATE WHEN YOU BF
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• How the heck did it fall out?! It's built to stay in unless...nvm. Breastfeeding, even exclusively, is NOT birth control. CALL YOUR DOCTOR!
    Anonymous

• My Dr. Said that it has been happening to alot of women lately... especially if your man is well endowed... so try not to be such a smart ass
    Anonymous

• IF IT WAS IN WHEN YOU WERE HAVING THE SEX AND ATLEAST A DAY AFTER THEN YPU ARE PROB FINE. BUT DO NOT HAVE SEX UNTIL YOU GET IT BACK IN. bREASTFEEDING DOES NOT PROTECT YOU.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2009