Looking for Vegan Main Dishes, Serving 4 people

I am looking for any Vegas main dish, easy recipes for 4 people. I used to have a mushroom nut loaf recipe that was so good, so if anyone has anything like that to share--great! But any and all recipes are welcome. Thanks!

Ladyhawk04

Asked by Ladyhawk04 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• vegetarian, or vegan? there are MAJOR distinctions between the two. as a vegan you can not use any altered foods, or anything animal based- including honey.

willing to rustle a few up- but need to know which you are actually looking for
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I am not a fan of loafs (and nuts are a major migraine trigger for me). I usually make a stir fry; peanut noodles; soup, salad and rolls; etc.

Send me a message offlist if you would like recipes. Or look at these websites: www.theppk.com www.vegkitchen.com

Answer by rkoloms at 7:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I made a soup last night that should be easy to make vegan - the only non-vegan thing I used was chicken broth, I see no reason plain water or a vegetable broth wouldn't work. I chopped up carrots, onions, celery, a sweet potato, used black beans, cooked the whole works in the broth, and added brown rice (to cook in the broth) when the veggies were tender. Various seasonings (pepper, fresh parsley, garlic, etc) and it was really good. I did add a packet of Lipton noodle soup mix too, but it has chicken boullion in it so that wouldn't work. I would have added fresh garlic & chopped up a bell pepper but didn't have any. You could add or subtract any other veggies, use lentils instead of black beans or other beans, it's pretty versatile. It was sooooo good though, my kids actually ate it, asked for seconds, and all but one wanted leftovers today. Add a salad, or some bread, and it's a fairly cheap, round meal.
    Anonymous

• allrecipes.com
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 9:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2009