AIDS

for those of you who vaccinate, knowing there are" live"viruses in a lot of vaccines. would you give a vaccine to prevent AIDS to your child? they would have to use a strain of the virus.......(there are more cases of AIDS then the flu)
if not, why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

• Wow loaded question. Depending on how long the vaccine had been in use and tested, I would if it was proven like the Polio vaccine. If it was new like H1N1-then no way.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• it will take a really long time to perfect the aids vaccine bc there is such a high rate of mutation. they have recently made progress, but it has been really slow and the results were not really all that dependable (ie. the vaccine worked for some people but not others). by the time they perfect the vaccine and do extensive testing i am sure our kids will be fully grown, but to answer your question in a hypothetical way, yes i would get my kids vaccinated against aids if there was such a thing.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i would be worried that with a "live" virus they could actually GET the disease.
    Anonymous

• hmm I think I would have to go with No
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 7:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2009