Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Skipping Town With A Child Support Order

If a mother who recieves child support moves out of the country permanantly without notifying the courts, what does the father have to do to get the child support stopped?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (5)
  • So he wouldn't care if his children were moving out of the country? He's just worried about not paying support anymore? I'm not sure about how it all would work... It doesn't sound legal to me.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • Just because you let your kids move out of the country doesn't mean you don't support them anymore.
    If your saying to have the child support stops until she returns the child back to the country so that the father won't miss out on visitation, then I'm sure that the court could use that to put pressure on her to come under compliance.
    But if that was the case then he needs to file charges for parental kidnapping because they children are probably legal citizens of the USA, and she can't take them out of the country without permission.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • HA! Sorry but the B already has the support going to her maw or her memaw. There's no way the father can get out of it even when he knows good and well his child will never see any benefit from the money he sends. Its known as the penalty for doin the wrong person. Sometimes you lose and your child loses also.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • If she takes the children with her, he is still responsible for their well-being so is still responsible to pay. If she takes the children, depending on the state, she has to get his permission to do so. If she leaves the kids behind, he needs to find an attorney to take it before the judge since he is providing 100% care (or more than 51% care)

    Answer by Jademom07 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • he should contact an attorney, because she is in violation of the court order...Child support can be stopped with a court order.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.