Quick question...Can you help please?

I baby-sit a 2 year old girl and today I've noticed that her urine really stinks but the smell is coming from her privates too. Of course I'm going to tell her mom when she comes to pick her up. But could this be a bladder infection? Kidney infection? What does it sound like?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Probably a uti, probably in the urethra. Is she in pain when she urinates?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Could be a yeast infection. Make sure while she's in your care that you change her often, and wipe really good. Her mom needs to get her checked out.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• She could just be a stinky little girl - my dd is very clean (potty trained), bathed frequently but no overboard, etc, has no health issues that would cause anything, and she just stinks. Our doc says some kids just do. My only question is, what does she drink? Certain foods & drinks can affect the smell of urine. Push her to drink more water when she's with you and see if that helps. I've noticed too, personally, that if I'm not drinking enough, period, my urine smells stronger.
    Anonymous