Chicken fried rice recipe?

Anyone have a recipe for fried rice. I especially love the rice at japanese steak houses.

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 6:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Fried Rice

Sauce:
    1 Tablespoons grated ginger root
    4 cloves crushed garlic
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    2 Tablespoons brown sugar

2 Tablespoons olive oil
    2 red peppers fine chopped
    1/2 cup frozen corn
    1/2 cup frozen peas
    2/3 cup scallions
    2 hard boiled eggs fine chopped
    4 cups cooked brown rice

1. Make the sauce and set aside
    2. Saute peppers when tender add corn and peas.
    3. Add rice, saute, sauce, eggs and scallions to dish

Answer by rkoloms at 7:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• First rinse your rice until the water runs clear. This removes some of the excess starch which would make it to sticky when fried. Cook as directed on the package. Allow it to sit with the lid on and steam-dry for 20 minutes before removing. Spread onto a cookie sheet and allow to cool completely. (You can put in frige to cool quicker, just try to let it come to room temp before cooking it) Heat a couple of tablespoons or so of oil in a pan (depending on size of pan) add some finely chopped onion and cook until translucent. Only cook enough rice at a time to cover the bottom of the pan. Too much at a time and it just doesn't fry up right. Stir it a few times to coat the rice with oil and let it cook about 1 min. Add some soy sauce (I use low sodium). Give it a really good drizzle evenly around the pan. You can add frozen peas and diced carrots which have been thawed, some pre cooked bits of egg, (cont.)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• and some bean sprouts. I like to finish with a garnish of chopped green onion tops and some cashews. Oh...and some small bite size pieces of precooked chicken. If you would like the recipe for shrimp sauce. I have a good copy cat recipe for the Japanese Steakhouse style sauce. I've tried many copycats for that stuff and finally found one worth using! Message me and I'll be glad to send it to you! My kids love Japanese restaurant style rice and chicken.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I saute onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms while making minute rice. Then when the rice is done I throw it on the skillit with olive oil, and alittle butter. I add soy sause and oyster sause and cook it till its a little crunchy.
    Anonymous