Veggie ideas for a picky 2 year old.

mama32177

Asked by mama32177 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i never had to struggle with my daughter. i sneaked the veggies in her food because she refused to eat them, when i snuck them in she ate all her food. Now at 14 she loves veggies, most of her plate is vegetables. now im teaching my 2 year old to do the same.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• blend them into spaghetti/tomato sauce. chop them up really small and shove them anywhere. with my kids i find that if they dont see it, they dont think its there. so blend and chop and you should be fine. like today i made creamy tomato sauce, i put tomatoes, carrots and broccoli in, they just thought it was tomato sauce, lol
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Sweet potatoes. Vegetable soup. Make fun faces out of vegetables. Mashed potato mountains with broccoli trees. And have some fun with dipping sauces. The only problem with sneaking them in is that you aren't really teaching your kids that vegetables are good, so you will always struggle to feed your kids vegetables.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 7:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Its simple and might not work but sometimes just melting cheese on top helps
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 8:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My 2 year old eats the veggies that her sister eats, which is most of them.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Take him to the store with you and let him pick out the ones that look good to him. He might pick bell peppers, asparagus, broccoli, potatoes, tomatoes, beets, radishes, who knows? Good luck!
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Bring on the dip! My 2 year old love to dip. I don't think she cares what she dips it in. Today at lunch, she had red pepper slices and dipped it in ketchup. Fine by me. Seriously, though, whenver she pushes away a veggie and says yucky, we just find something for her to dip it in. Oh, mashed potatoes are an excellent dip, too. :)
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2009