Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what if I filed for custody and now I don't want to proceed? What should I do?

Answer Question

Asked by carol85 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Tell your attorney..

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • i would go straight to the court and they should have a form or forms on how to stop the proceedings. the court people can help you with that.

    Answer by melody77 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • Meaning you don't want custody and you still want a divorce? Or do you want to stop all proceedings and get back together with him?

    Also, there is usually a legal library in or near the courthouse, the people who work in that library should be able to show you the right paperwork to file to cancel the proceedings.

    Answer by texassahm at 9:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.