I am 34wks my stomach gets really tight and i cant breath and my heart beats fast am I having contractions

Criss33

Asked by Criss33 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds kind of like it. Call your OB.
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Well, are you having abdominal pains that feel like cramps? I've noticed some women can have pain in their lower back from contractions. As for the difficulty breathing, that's normal late in the pregnancy. The baby takes up so much space, your lungs and diaphragm don't have space to expand! Otherwise, best bet is to call and see if you can see a triage (sp?) nurse if your pains have a rhythm. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I have sharp pains in my back but my water is not broken and I am only 34 weeks
    Criss33

Answer by Criss33 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• If you truly cant breathe then you need to see a doctor. If the tightening is happening in a consistent pattern then you should get checked out.

With that said, my braxton hicks contractions seemed to take my breath away. I could still breathe but I felt short of breath for a few seconds.

Lack of water can cause contraction and also cause fast heart rate. Make sure you stay hydrated.
    hopinforanother

Answer by hopinforanother at 8:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Have you tried drinking a lot of water, taking a shower, resting, etc?
    Do you know where baby is positioned?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Try changing your positions. Your getting closer, so get ready your body is preparing for the real pains.
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Sounds like a braxton hicks contraction.
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 12:50 AM on Nov. 6, 2009