How long did it take you to get rid of your stomach after a c-section?

It's been 5 weeks since my c-section and I still have quite a bit of a tummy. I'm just wondering how long it took you to lose your stomach. Also, I am breastfeeding, if that makes a difference.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The whole "breastfeeding helps SO much" thing was a complete myth in my case.

I had my last Csection almost 3 yrs ago. I skipped right over the "pouch" people talk about & went straight to the "overhang".

It's not going away... not without a tummy tuck.

Maybe you'll have better luck.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• my son is 5 and i still have a pooch...you never get rid of that because its tissue, my scar has completely healed..you cant even see it unless i tell you its there and you are looking for it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I guess it depends on what you mean by lose it...It took me about 3 months to stop feeling that I was wearing a fat suit, now it's been 5 months and I don't have any major belly left, but it's still a bit softer than it was before. Like when I sit down there's still a little roll and when I stand it sticks out a little more than before - but not too major.... I am only about 3 pounds away from my pre-pregnacy weight and am pretty sure all 3 of those pounds are in my belly. I am fair skinned and more concerned about my scar at this point...I hope it fades A LOT more than it has so far!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I had mine 5 months ago also. Its still there but def not as bad as it was. I have a girlfriend who's son is 10 and she still has a very small pooch. Mine is still really soft and mushy. I am with you stepmom929 I have about 3 or 4 lbs to drop too and im wondering if its in my tummy! My tummy still has that "asleep" feeling to it too. There's feeling (which Im surprised) but kina numbish. So to answer your question. I am waiting it out too! Good Luck momma!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2009