Christmas For An Almost 3 Year Old!

What things would you recommend for an almost 3 year old at Christmas? I tend to get the age above what Nick is at Christmas because it's 2 months before his birthday. So what toys in the ago catagory of 3 do you recommend?

NickyJamesMom

Asked by NickyJamesMom at 8:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My boys will be three next month. We got them a train/game table from the Christmas Tree shop for their birthday (They're totally into Thomas The Train).

For Christmas we're getting a Little People (or something similar) castle set and this other toy (not sure what to call it). It's a series of tubes that stack together and then you drop a ball or marble down and watch it go.

Cars and trucks are always a good way to go too. Have fun shopping!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Mine is a month younger than yours. My parents are giving her a little people doll house (I'm sure a million other things, too, but this is the one I specifically okayed) and we are giving her duplo legos, a big set for her and her sister to share. Yes, that's all we're doing. We give one gift at Christmas.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• ok my lil man turn 3 the week before christmas yeah it stink.. for christmas we going to get a few small toy but the big thing is going to be a bike with treining wheels and a new bed.. he hate the bed he has now the matteress is to hard and it so small for how big his room is. Since his birthday right by christmas his b-day present going to be a train set made my granimals it a old shcool looking wood train with track and ai want to get him so a leap pad r something where he can work on reading he loves books so i want to encourage it.
    treversmommy

Answer by treversmommy at 2:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My son turns 3 in Feb. I have been shopping on ebay for Thomas the Tank Engine stuff. He just discovered Thomas. lol. I have managed to get quite a bit for cheaper. We are also getting him puzzles, playdough, hot wheels and stuff like that. There are just so many things to get them, it all depends on what your son likes.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 12:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• eToys.com is a good site that you can sometimes find deals on and free shipping. I am thinking about getting my son (2 1/2) some more Thomas trains/track/ etc and some Hot Wheels cars/track. I also saw this castle on ToysRUs.com that has a dragon on it and it lights up and makes sounds. You can watch it actually work on the site and Ryan was "Oh WOW..and ohhh and ahhhhs"

Also if you have a Micheals craft store near you that carries Thomas stuff you can usually use the 40% off coupons that come in the paper to buy them. Check with your store for their policy.

louisianagir76l

Answer by louisianagir76l at 1:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2009