Christmas For An Almost 3 Year Old?

What things would you recommend for an almost 3 year old at Christmas? I tend to get the age above what Nick is at Christmas because it's 2 months before his birthday. So what toys in the ago catagory of 3 do you recommend?

NickyJamesMom

Asked by NickyJamesMom at 8:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Holidays

• Nick sounds almost the same age as my son.
    Right now, he is into Curious George DVD's. (They are very cute..even I like to watch them over and over!)
    As for learning DVD's, any of the LeapFrog Letter Factory, Talking Words Factory, Math Circus.
    Preschool Prep-Meet the Sight Words Box Set DVD's.

Toys-
    Leapster with cartridges for preschool age is a big hit with my son.
    Handy Manny talking tool box
    Vtech Alphabet Town (My son had one since he was one and knew all his letters and the sounds by 18 months. He still loves it.)
    Melissa & Doug 12 piece jigsaw puzzles
    A tricycle (if he doesn't already have one)
    Fisher Price Fun 2 Learn Teaching Clock

PM me if you want more info on anything.

07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 8:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I would for the the age he will be soon.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i got my son one of those step 2 art easels. he loves it, my son also has a tricycle that was a major hit for me, he still loves to play with the big blocks. he loves cars also he line them up on the window seal and run around the house with them.
    MrSg324

Answer by MrSg324 at 9:00 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• It really depends on your price range! I bought my son a train table that year and it has been a huge hit. He still plays with it every single day and it was almost two years ago. Another great gift is the TAG reading system. My son loves his and they make a TAG Jr for younger kids now too. www.leapfrog.com has them on sale right now. Mega Blocks are really good for that age. Melissa and Doug products are awesome for the preschool crowd too. You can buy them online, at FAO Schwartz stores and I've even bought them at TJ Maxx and Marshalls! Hope that helps :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2009