What do you do when you know you married the wrong man.

You have been married for almost 6 years with 3 kids. You never loved him & never will. No amount of counceling will fix things. You are just skating by in life & simply existing. The youngest is a toddler & the oldest is a tween. That menas it would be a long time to try to wait it out until the kids are all gone (about 16 years). You have seriuos low points in the relationship where you can hardly stand each other. You can tell the fighting, tension & arguing are affecting your kids. I am a SAHM so I have incoming income.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• If you really want to leave..You will need to start making plans and taking steps to become emotionally and financially independent. Being a SAHM is difficult because you don't have a net work of people to pull from for jobs and support. Have you considered going back to school or getting a degree on line. Your hubby will pay child support, but will it be enough to survive on. Soo many more questions for you to consider. This will not be an easy decision. ... Easier said then done right? You have to decide what ya want???? That is the tuff part.   Good Luck!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 5:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I just got married for the second time, before that I was divorced for two years. when i decided to get my divorce I thought of how much better things would be for me and my oldest son.
    stephanie422

Answer by stephanie422 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• If you NEVER really loved him WHY did you have 3 kids? WHY would you bring kids into a loveless marriage? Your just selfish, and looking to get your needs met. Poor kids!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• That was way harsh vbruno. Anyway, I've never been married, but I did learn from my current relationship, that communication is key. Ask him what he wants from you, what needs to change. If he is a man who listens then tell him what you want and need. A relationship cannot get better if you don't know what he wants and you don't know what you want. Even if you do leave, what exactly are you going to be going after? I hope its not so that you can be alone. That's not a good trade off.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 7:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• leave his ass that way you can find some1 you do love you cant live life being with someone you dont love
    armywife0907

Answer by armywife0907 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Ask yourself why you married him in the first place. Then ask yourself why you stayed marreid think you will be happier knowing the answers
    fishersmom06

Answer by fishersmom06 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I've been divorced.It is not a fix-it solution.It just gives you a different set of problems.You will still have to deal with him when it comes to child support, visitation, and the events your kids have that he needs to be at.But maybe counseling would help you two to learn to at least be civil to each other.Either way it works out.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

evelynwest

• If you are simply existing, you need to take the steps to become financially independent and leave. You deserve, and your children deserve to see you truly happy. I say this at LEAST five times a week. Too many people go through life simply existing, and not knowing true happiness. Is there some way that you could go to work? or work at home? I know it's hard, and scary, being on your own after so long. But, you'll thank yourself in the end.
    ph0xdlady

Answer by ph0xdlady at 5:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2008