stay at home ?

hi iam a stay at home mom of 2 kids a 2 1/2 yr old and a 16 month old i want to get them on a time schedule ... they get up at 830 am and eat breakfast and then lunch at 1130 then nap at 1 , dinner at 5 and bed at 830 ......... my ? is what time dose your kids do these things is 830 to early for them to go to bed thank you all

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my kids all go to bed at 8 except my 11 year old and he is 8:30. Sounds like a good schedule to me.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 8:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Sounds like a good schedule! My kids are early risers - 6 or 7 in the morning, so mine go to bed at 7 a.m. 12 hours of sleep is good for that age!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My boys are almost three and their schedule really hasn't changed much since they were 6 mos old with the exception of naps.

They go to bed between 7 and 7:30 and wake between 6:30 and 7. When they were down to one nap, it was usually at 1p.m. and they'd sleep for two hours.

As long as your children are getting the sleep they need, the time doesn't matter too much. The younger one needs about 14 hours of sleep so that'd be 12 at night plus a nap. The older one needs 12-14 hours so if he's still napping, great, if not and he's doing ok on your current schedule, go with it.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• thank you all my 16 month old she does take a nap but my 2 yr old dosent but she has to lay and rest for 1-2 hrs in her bed thank you again for all your answers
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• my three (8,6,and3) girls go to bed between 7-7:30 every night except saturday.

they are all up around 7 every morning too.

sounds like you have a good time routine for them. once they start school you can just bump the times by an hour or so to accomodate that.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• That sounds very reasonable.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• my son's schedule is about the same except he wakes at 5:30 nap at noon and bed at 8... sounds like you have a great schedule.. wow - very brave with kids that close.. you must have some amazing patience mommy.. good job!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I'm a SAHM too and my little one doesn't go to bed till 11 -12 at night! Tonight was a shocker b/c she was in bed my 10!! but she didnt' take a nap today. But normally she takes just 1 nap. So i think 830 is great!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• my rule is if they get up at 8 they go to bed at 8, so ... sound right to me.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:47 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom and I have a one year old and a eight day old. My son goes to bed at 10:30 and gets up at 8:30. For him going to bed at 8 is too early, as it just causes him to wake up in the middle of the night. We have found that him going to bed later allows him to use up all of his energy and sleep through the night. He gets a bottle when he wakes up at 8:30 am. He plays until breakfast which is at 9:30-10:00. Then he watches a video and plays until lunch time which is at 12:30-1:00. Which then is followed by a nap. He usually sleeps until 4:00 and plays until dinner which is at 5:00-5:30. He plays until bedtime then gets a bottle and goes to bed.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2009