He hates everythng i cook! He was a chef

I dont know what to do, I am a SHAM and I cant please him when it comes to cooking. Should I just not cook and make him do it after he has worked all day. HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I would tell him that you and he need to talk about it and if he is unhappy with your menus he is welcome to take over the cooking- make it his decision- he can eat happily or do it himself.
    Jezture

Answer by Jezture at 8:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• ask him what he has a taste for, then cook that. If he still complains ask him to teach you, and if all else fails stopp cooking for him
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• If all he can do is bitch about what you cook let him do it. My husband used to complain about what I cooked and I told him if he didn't like it he could do it from now on. He shut up right quick.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 8:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yea, tell him to suggest some things that would make it better, but if its just not up to his "chef" standards, than i would have his unappreciative behind cook for himself!!!! so he can suck it up or eat what he likes after he cooks it!.....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• He's a chef, have him cook. I'm sure you do everything else around the house. Watch him in the kitchen for a while, take notes and slowly start preparing meals again. But I wouldn't cook for him if all ha was going to do is make me feel bad about it.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Have him teach you exactly the way to do it, and then do it exactly that way. Maybe one dish or meal a week. Eventually you'll have enough dishes learned that you can make a nice variety, and you'll also learn techniques and be able to branch out on your own. If he won't teach you, then perhaps a cooking course at the college, but really, it could be that he is tired, which is making him critical. Anyway, tell him that you love him and want him to be happy, so will he teach you.

Answer by Bmat at 8:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I don't know about this. I would be furious and nothing usually makes me angry. But that's because I grew up in a house where my father always told my mom that the meal was great and gave her a kiss, regardless of how it actually tasted.

I would probably (as nicely as possible) tell him that I wasn't auditioning for a job. I was lovingly preparing a meal for my family!
    Anonymous

• LET HIM COOK HIS OWN MEAL! You have other children to worry about and take care of, the last thing you need is a spoiled brat who wants things a certain way!

So when he cooks, you can just say ew i dont like it! lol
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• honestly? if my hubby , chef or not, came home and complained he hated everything I made I would literally not cook again for him until he said he was sorry for being an insensitive ass. So he works all day? big deal, so do you...and guess what you dont have a "5 oclock punch out" you dont get to come home and stop working, kwim? I would tell him he hurt you and that if he cant think of a nicer way to help you improve then the mc donalds is open 24/7....gosh men are dumb.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I would sit him down and tell him that you are having a hard time with how he doesnt like your food and you would like to fix it. Ask him if he will give you cooking lessons. He will feel bad telling you that he doesnt like it if he knows that you are trying. All you need to do i make sure he realizes that you are really trying. He may just end up helping you cook in the evenings. Just talk to him
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 10:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2009