Diaper rash

My son just turned nine months! he has his first diaper rash.....how do i get rid of it????? please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always used Desitan, (not sure on the spelling) Also, we cut back on juice for a while, and had our kids drink a lot more water, so that when they would pee, it wouldn't irratate the skin as much.
    mereinhart28

Answer by mereinhart28 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My daughter rarely gets diaper rashes but when she does its usually because she had diarreah.. I have found the only thing that works for my baby.. I put her in a nice warm bath and let her soak and then I let her bottom air dry so there is no moisture and then I put "Dr. Boderaux's butt paste" (not sure if thats how you spell the drs name) its over the counter.. I put that on her bottom and I put baby powder on top and then a fresh diaper. I also give her tylenol because diaper rashes are extremely painful and it helps sooth the rash. The next morning her rash is usually 90% better and I just keep repeating that process until its all gone and I also make sure to change her diaper more frequently to keep her dry.
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• desitin!! works WONDERS! my son has only had a diaper rash a few times (he's 11mos) and each time I noticed him starting one...I put some desitin on there, and it was GONE that same day! :)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You may have to do some trial and error to find the right kind. All my friends swear by Butt paste but it does nothing for my daughter. Desitin works okay for her but it takes a long time for it to go away. Dr. Smiths Diaper Ointment works really well but it is a bit pricey and kinda smelly. What I have found that works really well for us is A&D ointment. I usually get the cream one and by morning it is a lot better.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Add a little baking soda to his/her bath water, let their bottom air dry for a little while and then use desitin or another ointment. I did this for my daughter and it cleared her diaper rash up right away.
    Londyland

Answer by Londyland at 8:01 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• will the baking soda make it so he will sit in the bath? last night he wouldnt sit! I dont know if it was because of his rash or tired........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2009