Is it okay to by less for my two year old?

I have two kids. A 2 year old and a 7 year old. Is it okay to buy less for my 2 year old so I can buy more for my 7 year old?

adoramydear

Asked by adoramydear at 9:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes! Toys for a 2yr are generally cheaper than for an older child and it usually doesn't take much to make them happy-- as long as there is equal fun for each!
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:54 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i dont think so if its for the corerect reason(such is being short on cash for xmas),but what i do see wrong is the fact that when people do stuff like this they are usually playing favorites.
    Anonymous

• you mean for x-mas or what?

for x-mas i would say yeah.. my two year old is more interested in the empty boxes then the gift and is equally happy with one good gift (for him anything to do with trucks or trains) then a bunch of other smaller gifts.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i would say no you can always get your two year old stuff they need...i also agree with anon it kinda seems like your playing faves i am not bashing just an observation
    Houstyn08

Answer by Houstyn08 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yes I mean for Xmas. I just feel like she will not remember it at all.
    adoramydear

Answer by adoramydear at 9:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Well, I bought our one year old a train table for her birthday because she didn't freaking need another baby toy. Our 2 year old plays with it more, or course, but most of our toys are shared, since mine are close. I think it might be fine. Do NOT feel obligated to just waste money to make it even. Also, involve your 7 year old in the process of picking out toys. You can say things like "luckily, baby has your old toys, too, so she won't want as many toys for Christmas." As long as the 7 year olds understands you're not plaing favorites, the 2 year old won't care.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• A 2 year old will remember more than you think just so you know... That is incredibly unfair. You either need to be them around the same amount of stuff or not buy them anything at all.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 9:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Are you going to explain to her when looking back at old pictures why her older sibling has all this stuff and she has only a couple of small items?
    AngeLnChainZ

• my kids are 8mts and 21/2 yrs am am spending the same amount on both. my dd is geeting more toys and ds clothes but still the same amount
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Okay I am not talking about a few small things. She is spoiled no matter how you look at it. I am just saying scale it down a little bit. I over blow Christmas. last year I spent 600 dollars a piece. this year I was thinking maybe 300 for her and 400 for him.
    adoramydear

Answer by adoramydear at 9:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2009