Any body making gift baskets for gifts???

I was thinking about putting together baskets full of relaxing, stress relieving items, and fun stuff. Never did this for the holidays but think it would be fun. I may do a little craft project and through in for each. Anyone do this and what items do they put in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Holidays

• I made one to thank my friend/midwife/doula/mentor for everything she's done for me. I put in some aromatherapy stuff and a box of chocolates. It turned out quite nicely and she really appreciated it.

I'd do it for gifts this year if I had the $$ for it lol. Gift baskets get expensive!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I do, but I fill them up with baked goods and some homemade stuff. Last year I did just cookies (everyone got 5 dozen each, it was a ton of cookies!) This year I am doing the cookies again, apple butter, pumpkin butter, homemade ornaments, and pillows (I made myself pillows for fall and now everyone is asking me to make them some, so they are going in their Christmas baskets! lol)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I have done them I put different things in depending on the person, I did one for a couple with a movie rental gift card, pop corn, hot coco, and other stuff for a romantic night. My UIL love toll house chocolate chip cookies so I make them for him every year too.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 9:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I like doing baskets as gifts. If I know someone particularly likes a specific bath product line, I'll do a whole basket of those things (like all of the Bath and Body Works "warm vanilla sugar") with a nice candle or something. For someone who likes crafts, I do a basket with all sorts of crafts stuff. Like my sister does scrapbooking, so stickers and card stock, special scissors, stuff like that. I like baskets for gifts.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• OH I love baskets!!! I agree with AprilDJC. Go with a theme for each person if you know they have a hobby or sweet tooth! I might put something like paint your own ornament kit in there. Or personalized ornaments. My kids love their ornaments with their names on them....hee hee, I like mine, too. :) You could also get a mason jar, and put in ingredients for hot cocoa, chicken soup, etc whatever the person may like and tie it up with a bow and there ya go!
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I DONE THAT A FEW TIMES. BUT IM SUPER CHEEP! YET CRAFTY... I JUST BOUGHT STORE MADE COOKIES AND THINGS LIKE OREO'S BUT THEN DIPPED THEM IN WHITE CHOCOLATE AND SOME IN MILK CHOCOLATE. PRETZELS FUN STUFF LIKE THAT. AND WRAPPED THEM UP IN LITTLE BASKETS IT WAS FUN! I HAD THE KIDS HELP TOO. NICE LIL FAMILY GIFT FROM US.
    MOMMA111

Answer by MOMMA111 at 2:00 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I did that for my dd's daycare providers before. I got red/green baskets and Christmas mugs marked down super cheap at a Christmas midnight madness sale. I put in the baskets the cofee mugs, small gourmet hot chocolate packs, and small packs of homemade cookies.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I forgot- I also put one of those small yankee jar candles in it- I got the box with 2 and put one in each of their baskets (there were 2 teachers).
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i did last year, i did a bath/relax basket for my mil and pancake breakfast baskets for my parents -- those were a big success and rather inexpensive. i have also done goodie baskets (like coffee, tea, cocoa, cookies, choc) for teachers.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:55 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I make them every yr for several family members and friends. I have done wine/cheese baskets, I have done bath baskets, baby baskets, children's basket, a bakers baskets and also last yr for the first time cookie baskets made of of real cookies and eatable.
    I have put scented candles, oils, bath beads/oils, decorated hand towels, cheeses, wines, mini breads and spreads, hot cocoa mixes with mugs and small toys with mittens/gloves/hats scarvs...
    I also get hand creams and I have also put dvd's and gift cards in them... I also buy shrink wrap bags and place the baskets in them and seal them... you can also put in the persons favorite snacks, cookies, popcorn, etc... for men try a football tray of chips and dips...
    Just use your imagation and have fun with them....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2009