keep them in your thoughts

What does it mean to "keep someone in your thoughts" is this the politicaly correct way if someone doesn't pray? how do you keep them in your thoughts anyways? what does that mean to you?

for me, I can't imagine not praying? to just think of someone- what good would that do??? I amso thankful that God hears my prayers/thankful I have a God to pray to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always say keep them in your thoughts...I don't pray, so I am not going to tell someone I am going to pray for them when I in reality I won't be
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Good for you... When I say I will keep them in my thoughts it means that they are in my heart and I will be thinking of them often. When you pray it doesn't have to be to a God, it can be in many different ways to many different people...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I don't pray so I wouldn't say I will keep you in our prayers. I say we will be hear if you need anything, I have thought about saying keeping you in our thoughts but it seems silly how does that help anyone it is no more useful than praying.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 9:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Mrsleftlane that makes more sense to me now
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 9:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• how can you pray if it isn't to God? how is it many different ways?
    Anonymous

• when i tell anyone that they are in my thoughts, i mean just that!!! i pray for them and ask that God ease their pain and or diffuculties; but never forgetting why i prayed for them in the first place!!! sympathy is an amazing thing and can reach people on many levels. for those who say, "i'll pray for you, or your always are in my thoughts", and do not genuinely mean it are fake!!! i'm sorry but its the truth and you know it!!! how can you express sympathy and offer prayer but never mean it!? we are meant to be there for one another for support and strength, and if you lie about it how are they supposed to believe or have faith in anyone or anything!? lies kill, truth hurts; which would you prefer!? i'd rather be hurt by the truth than to be killed by a lie!!! we are not meant to give anyone false hope, but instead a valid reason to keep going and look forward to the future. i know this life isn't perfect, but who said it wld
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• When I say I'm keeping you in my thoughts, for me, that means that I am thinking about you, and your need / hurt. I am praying for you, and, if there's anything practical that I can do to help ease your situation, then I will. (meaning in the earthly sense, I'm NOT trying to say that prayers aren't practical or anything like that)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• When I say it I mean it. I always try to think positively for people. If they are actively dying I hope for them to have a painless passing. If they are healing I hope it is thorough and speedy.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2009