ok the army needs to get their story straight

ok so during the last press conf. they said that the shooter and the civi cop that shot him were both dead. they SPECIFICALLY said they were dead. in this last one they said that there was mix ups in the hospital and later realized that he WAS NOT dead, and the civi did pull through. then around the end of the conference they said that CID was with the shooter the whole time.

Ok, i get that maybe they needed to tell us the shooter was dead. it could be part of the investigation. but what about the civi cop? did they really think she was dead, did they get people confused, or did they not think she was going to survive?

I love the army for fighting for our country but jeez, sometimes they just don't know what the hell they're doing or saying lol. like us army wives say "if it makes sense, the army doesn't do it" lol

btw, i heard from a source that one person that died is in fact an MP. not sure if this is fact.

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Or maybe news crews shouldn't be taking the words of people calling in on their cellphones and witnesses who saw a guy lying on the ground as they were leaving the base.
    Anonymous

• I don't know :-( I think part of the reason is because, understandably, we're all wanting answers, and our human nature is "we want them NOW". Add to that the fact that there was a Congressional Aide at the base there for a graduation ceremony that was going on, and that adds even more to the mix, because, as horrifying as the shooting is, you now accelerate the "political spin and backlash" angle.

I think it's a case of people listening to the rumors that are flying around while it's being sorted out, then taking those rumors and reporting them as facts when they should know better (the military people talking), and the news taking this and that, as they hear it, and in the rush to be the first with the full picture, aren't waiting for confirmation, and are pushing for details.

NOT that I think this is right, but I can see how all combined it's causing chaos in the reporting right now :-(
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i know FOX isn't putting things out unless they are confirmed, heck, they wouldn't even give us the shooter's name until it was officially confirmed. only reason i knew it is cuz i switched over to CNN for like a minute and they had it on the screen.
    yeah they had people talking on the cell phone, Maj, Ret, his coworker, cousin, ect. but they only confirmed what these people actually heard and saw themselves, they did not cofirm hearsay.
    IMO, if this is the case, that the military basically did a press conference only on hearsay, they should NOT have had a press conference at all. WE the public may want to know things NOW, but at the same time we don't like to get false facts and then actual facts later.
    But whatever, unfortunately we can't change the past
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I agree, it shouldn't have been released or reported on unless and until it was confirmed.

Please don't take what I said as an excuse for it, I was just saying why I think it happened.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• and to Anon, how the hell were witnesses seeing people lying on the ground while leaving the POST, when the post was on lockdown? lockdown means nobody in, nobody out. and the military takes THAT seriously. at the post we have here, we even have baracades that stop 18 wheelers!
    Anonymous

• oh i wasn't taking what you said as an excuse...i'm just a little upset about the whole thing if it looked like i was getting onto you or anything, i'm sorry
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• okay so they were calling on their cell phones, didnt i say cellphones first
    Anonymous

• Believe me, I understand :-( We're military, too, and my brother is in the Army and on a base there in TX, as are several other friends on various bases.

I'm upset, too, and I didn't take what you said as an attack, I just wanted to make sure that what I said didn't come out wrong, kwim?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Now that the shooter is alive, he says that more were involved. Fox told us what they could but I think there is a lot that is not known... "I imagine the shooter was "dead" because others wouldn't be concerned they would be identified, maybe?" Who knows?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• ITS A DISTRACTION!! WAKE UP!! Do you all know what is going on? The Obama car bill came out today. The govt set this poor guy up so that the MEDIA would be covering this stupid shooting INSTEAD of covering the REAL issue that is the Obama health care bill. It WILL pass the House this weekend! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!
    kittymommy

Answer by kittymommy at 10:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2009