Is there anything you can put on a c-section scar to help fade it?

I had mine 5 months ago. I'm really fair skinned and it still looks pretty dark and scary! I know it will always be with me but do any of you know any kind of lotion or anything that helps lighten it up a bit? thanks!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• emu oil. my friend with lupus uses it to get rid of scars left from her disease.

she says it works great.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I've had three csections and I don't have any scars you can't even tell where they cut me.. good luck
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• um, I am using Mederma for kids for my son's face scar from fallign while pushing his dumptruck, I have the kind to use for adults too that I was going to attempt to do on my stretch marks but then they went from bright red to skin colored and with a colciky fussy child for a year, I didn't have time to put it on 6 times a day
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i'm going to try mederma (spell) for mine, the commercial says it works. i hope it does.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Mederma worked for me, she is 5 months now. Its still there but not as noticeable. So I sugest mederma and time!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2009