When should I be concerned about my baby vomiting???

My 4 week old little girl has vomited a couple times this week. I say vomit b/c it seems much more than regular spit up. The first time , I attributed it to me having a big bowl of cereal earlier in the day and thought that the dairy could be upsetting her belly. Today, I'm not so sure. Does maternal stress affect a baby's feedings? My husband just let for deployment training. Anywho... she has no fever, no behavior changes, and seems fine both before and after she vomits. All the times she's vomited were fairly close to right after a feeding. She does have a skin rash on her upper chest/face/neck/upper back -but we took her for a weight check -and when she was stripped down, no nurses seemed concerned over it. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks and have a blessed day!

aoreilly

Asked by aoreilly at 9:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

• Try burping her halfway through. She may need burped more often. Yes, stress could be affecting her feedings. It sounds like it is just spit-up even though it is a lot! My second born projectile vomited/spit up tons!!! It will smell more like vomit if it is. Just keep an eye on her, and if everything else is fine and she is wetting like normal, I wouldn't be worried. So sorry your hubby isn't there right now.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• While this could be something quite normal, none of us here are doctors. My best advice to you is to call your Doctor in the morning and see what he/she has to say.
    Anonymous