My 13 month old isn't walking yet!!

Okay, so my 13 month old has been pulling up since she was 5 months old... so I figured at least by 8 months she would be walking... well she's 13 months now and she will walk like from couch to couch, or from me to my husband. But she won't walk by everywhere by herself, only when we make her.... Is there anything I can do? When did your babies start walking?

ryrysyf

Asked by ryrysyf at 9:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have 5kids. My 3 year old daughter didnt walk till 16 monthsand she is fine. She was the fastest crawler ive ever seen. she is fine now. Actually very smart.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 10:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Well, that sounds like my son.. He was crawling by 6 months and walking along things I swear a week later but didn't officially walk til he was 13 months I believe. I bought him those pushing walker type things and he went to town.. but sounds like she's making progress, just some babies get that "oh no I am going to fall"
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My 13 month old isn't walking either! My two boys were at this age - had just started right around 1 year. But not Elizabeth. She just took a couple steps the other day, so maybe it won't be much longer.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My daugher walked at 8 months. She never learned to crawl. All kids are different. Did you check with her doctor? They might be able to help. If she isn't in any pain, I woudln't worry till 2. But if she seems unbalanced you can have the doc look at her eyes or her hips. I know someone that child didn't ever want to walk cause it was actually hurting them. But yeah I would ask the them and if you arleady did then I would just give it some time.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My friend's daughter didn't walk until 14 months or so and she's a happy 2 year old now with no issues!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Agree that if you're worried, check with the pediatrician. But that said, my son didn't walk till 15 months. He'd been pulling up and cruising for a long time, and even climbing! But it wasn't till he figured out how to go from sitting to standing while not holding on to anything that he walked, and then it was all in the same day. Sometimes crawling is just too darn efficient too. Why walk when you can crawl so much faster!
    SuddenlyThree

Answer by SuddenlyThree at 10:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• my girls didn't crawl until 9 months & didn't walk until 15 months.. every baby is different. don't force her allow her to do it when shes ready, maybe shes scared.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Thank y'all. I'm not really worried that there is something physically wrong... I think that is like one said, she crawls so fast... it's easier and quicker for her to just crawl instead of walk. ... just when everyone asks how old she is, the next question is, Is she walking?... So i guess I'm just trying to rush it...
    ryrysyf

Answer by ryrysyf at 10:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2009