If someone called you a nosey (insert your race here) b***h, would you consider that to be a racial slur?

In a popular drama post today someone responded to the troll by calling her a "nosey white b***h." Everyone was so caught up in the post that no one noticed her comment or at least no one pointed it out. Was everyone so inflamed by the OP of that question that they were willing to let what was, to me, an obvious racial slur, slide? Was that comment somehow "okay" because the person making it was against the OP? I just can't believe I'm the only one that noticed or was offended by it. Granted, that post did get way out of hand, and there was probably a lot of name calling directed towards the OP (who I don't believe ever responded = TROLL) but to me that was definitely crossing the line. Would you have been offended if the comment was directed towards you???

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 10:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no, i wouldn't be offended..too much. weaker-minded people resort to name-calling (bringing ethnicity into the mix) when they have nothing else in their bag of tricks..in reference to the post mentioned. a bitch is a bitch is a bitch...and it usually shows up right away. its sad, really, that people have no other word to use when referring to a woman, of any ethnicity. bringing one's ethnic makeup into the argument does nothing to fuel the fire, for me.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:01 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I didn't see that earlier. I do think it is racist. I think I would have been really pissed if it was directed at me.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• yes, because i'd be ready to fight if any one calle me a spic!!! or a whicarican!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• whicarican=puertorican and white
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• ah, I'd be offended. Yes, of course.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 10:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I am white and it would not have bothered me in the slightest. The nosey---Btch would have bothered me but being called white wouldn't... I am white so I don't see the big deal about it.
    Anonymous

• I dont know if I would be..but to be very honest, I think that blacks would have taken offense to it..But they call white people all kinds of things and expect them not to have any sort or retaliation towards that stuff....Just dont bring a race into an argument..case closed.
    Anonymous

• a rican and white is what?? say it slow.. lol my sisters are all half. rican and white that is. I was the first white one. 9 sis and brothers. how do you say that?? I never heard of it. I don't care if someone on here calls me a white bitch. I can't get mad it's just the interenet and most people who are rude stay rude behind their computer or car.. so i dont let it bother me. call me whatever you want. I have the right to say whatever i want and people have the right to call me a white bitch for it.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 10:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Anon 10:06.

How do you think people would've responded if the race named had been something other than "white?"

It doesn't offend me personally to be called white, but when it is used in a derogatory manner does it really matter that she didn't say "cracker" or some other slang word for caucasion? She meant it offensively. I'm just saying.......no racial slur is right.......Right?
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Can't I be a plain ol' b***h? Why do I have to be a white one? Why not JUST a nosey b***h? Maybe I prefer fat b***h? Or ugly b****h? Or drama-starting b***h? Or snotty b***h? Or stuck-up b***h?
    Anonymous