can you and your soon to be ex husband be friends after the divorce

we have kids and im civil only because of them,anystories i would love to hear how your ex husband and your friendship is?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• it's definately very possible. just leave past feelings in the past and just accept things for what they are. don't get too involved in each other's lives and the contact you do have, should be about the kids--at least until you both move on and get comfortable with the change.

carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yes, it is possible and necessary if you have children. My Ex and I are friends....we are"polite" whenever we are at a family function. It is possible if you think of your kids and put side selfish thoughts and demands.
    Anonymous

• It depends on how you broke up. If you broke you nicely. You might be able to stay friends. But if you broke up badly. I do not think you can stay friends.
    But scense you have kids together. You should be nice to him. for the kids sake.

Answer by louise2 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Love your kids more then you hate your ex, things will fall into place.
    Anonymous

• I don't have an exhusband but my sister has three. Her first husband was physically abusive. However, now twenty years later, he was never really out of the family. At first, he was until the dust settled and now he even brings his kids from his second marraige with him to pumpkin carving and thanksgiving sometimes.

It can work.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 11:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• For me, I think once its over, its over.. no use going back or being friends. but for some people it may work out...
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My dad's first marriage ended alright, it was civil I guess...they didn't have kids. Mutually decided to end things. Still send christmas cards to each other (got her kids pictures and stuff on there). My dad's second marriage has been way more successful, he's been married to my mom for 25 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I am friends with my ex, my DS father . I think it is important to stay friendly and raise our son together. I do not like my ex at all but for my son I keep it nice. My son is mentally stable and knows he can not work us against each other because we talk about everything that has to do with our son. On the other hand my DH does not speak to his ex at all and his son has serious stability problems because he knows his parents hate each other.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 10:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• In the beginning it wasnt pretty but after a couple of years it died down and we were civil.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2009