What do I do for a bee sting

I have never been stung by a bee. I was getting my dd from school today and something stung me. I didn't see it because my hair was in the way, but it got me on my neck. It hurt so bad. I instantly whelped up. I came inside and put an ice pack on it. Now 6 hours later, my neck is sore, still red and has a "pimple head" on it. I also have a bit of a headache.
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z201/mommy2three_2007/110509150959-1.jpg Here is a picture of how it looked right after it happened.

chloesmama_2007

Asked by chloesmama_2007 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

• if you are not allergic to it, take some benadryl to help with the swelling...and possible itching to come. Make sure there is no stinger still there.
    Anonymous

• Mix some baking soda with water and put it on your neck. It will draw the poison out of your body.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 10:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Doesn't look like the stinger is in anymore, so yup just draw out the poison. If it's itchy ask the pharmacy what's best. I don't remember the name of the stuff I have for bites...it's down stairs and my uncle fell asleep on the couch or I'd go grab it.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2009