Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do for a bee sting

I have never been stung by a bee. I was getting my dd from school today and something stung me. I didn't see it because my hair was in the way, but it got me on my neck. It hurt so bad. I instantly whelped up. I came inside and put an ice pack on it. Now 6 hours later, my neck is sore, still red and has a "pimple head" on it. I also have a bit of a headache.
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z201/mommy2three_2007/110509150959-1.jpg Here is a picture of how it looked right after it happened.

Answer Question
 
chloesmama_2007

Asked by chloesmama_2007 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

Level 3 (15 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • if you are not allergic to it, take some benadryl to help with the swelling...and possible itching to come. Make sure there is no stinger still there.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • Mix some baking soda with water and put it on your neck. It will draw the poison out of your body.
    justluvinmyson

    Answer by justluvinmyson at 10:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • Doesn't look like the stinger is in anymore, so yup just draw out the poison. If it's itchy ask the pharmacy what's best. I don't remember the name of the stuff I have for bites...it's down stairs and my uncle fell asleep on the couch or I'd go grab it.
    OneToughMami

    Answer by OneToughMami at 12:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.