Severe headaches lasting for almost 2 weeks now, only 16 weeks why is this happening?

It got so bad the other day I went to the er and they did some blood and a urinalysis test and every thing came back fine. I was prescribed pain medicine and sent home but pain medicine isnt working sleep or ice packs arent working and I litterally cry sometimes because Im so sick of this, it hurts. Im going to call my doctor tomorrow but I DO NOT want him to just prescribe me more pain medicine thats stronger because I dont want my baby becoming immune to it and on top of that its just covering up what ever is wrong with me. I have never had headaches this long what the hell could it be, are the doctors missing something? My blood pressure was slightly elevated when I went to the er but went down 3 hrs later, I dont know what else it could be. Please help me figure out what to do.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 10:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How is your hydration?

Pregnancy hormones do trigger headaches, that is common. You can try a warm bath with lavender oil, a Tylenol, some relaxation/meditation, soothing tea, a lot of water.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I had vascular headaches during each of my pregnancy. I was prescribed a pain medication by my ob/gyn which was not harmful to any of my babies. The headaches are related to the hormones which your body is producing. I only had the headaches when I was pregnant.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2009