Is it bad if you are already dilated at 32 weeks??

I had my 32 week doc appt today and he said that I am dilated 1cm. This is my 4th baby and they were all born at 36 weeks so I am hoping to at least make it until then. Do you think I will make it till then? My doc told me he would be happy if I made it 2 more weeks. But I am still shooting for 36 weeks !!

sophia_03_27

Asked by sophia_03_27 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your dilation is not necessarily relevant to labor. It can be normal for women to walk around a little dilated for a long time, especially since it's not your first. The more babies a woman has, the more sensitive to the hormones she tends to become. Whether or not you had been checked, if you are having a healthy pregnancy then you'd still labor ...whenever. ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Don't even think about it. You could be dilated to a 1 til 40 weeks. Heck someone dif could check you and say you weren't even dilated. Don't worry about it and let baby decide when to come. I'm going on 37 weeks and I really want this baby to come after X-mas even though im due nov 30th. Good luck and don't worry.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I was walking around dilated 2 cm for 2 1/2 weeks just fine.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 10:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I was dilated to 1 at 30 weeks and still got induced.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I was 2 cm at 19 weeks....by 28 weeks I was 6cm....had my twins via csection at 33weeks and 3 days and I was 8 cm.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 12:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i wouldn't worry about it. some women walk around 2-4cm dilated for a month and still get to their due date or past it.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2009