is it okay to have the laptop battery in and the power cord plugged in 24/7?

in the morning i turn my laptop on and use it all day and night. I dont sit tehre using it because i have kids but i leave my laptop on. i turned it off to restart as well. but my cousin in law said dont leave the battery in while its plugged in by the wall. it makes no sense and then she sends me this old ass article from 2000. i aint reading it!

so is it true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Technology

• I have never removed my laptop battery and mine is plugged into the wall all the time. The only time you should have to remove the battery is if you're replacing it. Besides, you have to have the battery in the laptop and the plug in the wall to charge your battery. Your cousin is incorrect. Oh, and my brother is a lab manager at Microsoft and he has NEVER taken his battery out either unless he was replacing it.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 11:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I believe it's best to give your laptop a rest.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 11:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I have been doing that since day one, but I will have to google it now lol
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My laptop does rest Preggoandfat. It rests when im sleeping from 11pm-8am every day. and i said i restart my laptop 2-3 times a day. that should be enough. and i didnt ask about resting, i asked about something completely different. so why cant people just answer my initial question?
    Anonymous

• thanks AuntieM- I had a feeling i was right too.
    Anonymous