is it possible for a man to love his chuncky wife??

i am overweight, and i worry that my dh doesnot love me. Yet he shows me love, and i wonder if is possible for a man to love a wife who is fat? or am i insecured??
please no bashing, but can some other wives who are overweight, understand, how my weight makes me think, how can he possible love this?? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't worry, he loves you. Mine loves me. We talk about this sometimes, cuz I notice him eyeing women that are.. . . meaty, and he says because it reminds him of me. He says honestly most men feel more what is under the meatyness that what we feel about our own bodies. If you come across like your hot and you want him and you can throws those legs back, and yell like your dying, he says that is what men feel. Not your body. They know they don't have perfect bodies either. I don't say lose a bunch of weight, but do enough that make you feel good and strong. Guarntee, you will feel sexier, and he will respond to that.
    zassymama2

Answer by zassymama2 at 1:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I'm ten pounds over weight and mine dont love me anymore. I know it though. he cheats on me and flat out dont look at me the same. He told me if i got fat he woudlnt like me anymore. If yours is making you feel loved them I am sure he does love you. Don't worry. If it bugs you so much try to lose a little.
    Anonymous

• I am over weight and I know my husband loves me. He loves me for who I am and thinks I am beautiful. He tells me everyday. So yes a man can love his chunky wife
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 11:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My husband all but rolls around in my belly flab, lol. While it bothers me I have learned to accept the fact that he accepts me for who I am and for whatever crazy/insane reason likes my pooch. I am still insecure with myself and I doubt that will ever change but I am like that no matter what my weight is. If he is showing you love, he loves you.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• love is love. sound like its real to me. he loves you imperfections and so should you. we dont live in a perfect world, we just like it to look that way. love yourself
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Girl if he gives you loves take it all and stop worrying about it, why I say that is cuz I used to be 287 pounds I looked like rolley polley and my man never made me feel like a million buck, then I lost over 100 pounds and looked sexy after having my second baby I gained 60 pounds and after being skinny and now being overweight he still loves me the same and lets me know everyday.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• He may or may not love your weight/body... but that doesn't mean he doesn't love YOU.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• If he's a decent man then he loves you for YOU. But I bet he would be happy (for himself and you both) if you made an effort to lose some of the weight.
    Anonymous

• im obese (75lbs overweight) & i know my DH still loves me. then again he's fat too.

i think you are being insecure. its hard not to be when everywhere you turn you are getting messages that being chunky is evil. not to mention all the images of gorgeous & perfect photoshopped women who are unbelievably tiny. add having a baby w/ the stretched out tummy skin and/or stretch marks, its really hard to feel beautiful...at least for me :)

dont be so hard on yourself. if your physical apperance bothers you, do something to change it. if your man is showing you love, then he can love you even if you are chunky.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i know exactly how you are feeling. i was 130 when i got married, and in 3 short years i have had twins and a singleton...resulting in a 55lbs weight gain that i can't lose. my husband tells me everyday that he loves me, but i can't shake the feeling that he is lieing. we have a great relationship, but my mind keeps saying "how on earth could he find this attractive" or "there is no way he could love someone this disgusting". i think it is just the way we think of ourselves. YES! i do think he (or any man) can love a woman who isn't stick thin. hang in there and maybe try telling him how you feel. good luck! ;) xoxo
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 11:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2009