Strange diagnosis...

I went to the doctor and they told me that I have Polycystic Ovarian disease. I asked what that meant and she told me in laymen's terms that it meant horomone imbalance and prescribed birth control and spironalactone. Has anyone else had experience with this??? Im still not quite understanding...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

• Scroll down to Symptom Group 5. Bio-identical hormone treatment may help you. Dr. John Lee helped me.

http://www.johnleemd.com/store/resource_hormonetest.html

Anonymous

• My older sister has been dealing with her PCOS for over 10 years now. It affects some worse than others. She has had a lot of trouble concieving. She has had to be on Clomid each time. This past time it took nearly 2 years to concieve. I would suggest googling it and learning as much as you can about it and how to live with it. It can help explain any abdomenal pain in between periods, irregular periods, adult acne, inability to lose weight. There are a lot of different symptoms that you may or may not have.
    I hope this helps and you learn as much as you can about it to help you treat it. Good Luck!
    aprilmommy123

Answer by aprilmommy123 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My sister has it and has six kids. The last one after she was told she was infertile. Don't neccesarily believe everything. Good luck.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My best friend has PCOS. It took them 10 years to diagnose her. Try finding a PCOS group on here and they can give you support and a better understanding from different perspectives. I used to cry for my friend when she would be sitting in so much pain and the doctor just saying "Oh your 16 irregular periods and cramps are normal"
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2009