Wouldn't you be pissed about this??

I was on my way home tonight and a truck literally drove me off the road. I had to slam on the brakes on the dirt and rocks to avoid going into a ditch. I was SOO pissed at the other driver for doing this to me (he flipped me off and screamed something when I honked). So I got home a few minutes later and started to tell DH about it. Instead of even listening to what I had to say he started "joking" about how this sort of thing always happens to women drivers and how they must be the ones to blame. I don't care whether it was a joke or not. He was being an insensitive jerk. I was still shaking and had high adrenaline from the near miss. Instead of being comforting or even listening to what happened he had to be an ass about it. Now I am pissed and don't even want to talk to him. I was just inches away from being in a bad accident (we were both going about 50mph). Now he is mad at me for being sensitve and unable to take a joke

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• OP again. He hasn't even heard what happened yet. The only words I got out is another driver almost killed me and I had to avoid going into a ditch.
    Anonymous

• Men, they just don't get it
    yes I would be really upset
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yea he's a jerk but it sounds like something that a man would say. That's def not an excuse but he sounds like a typical man...an asshole. Glad you are okay and hope he comes around!
    Anonymous

• You have a right to be made at him. I hope you make him understand that.

Answer by louise2 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Asshat!
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 11:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• well hes a ass and next time before you tell him something like that make him look at u in the eyes and be like omg you have no idea what just happened, i almost died
    Anonymous

• Yes!! I hate it when men are like that!! My hubs is kinda bad about not taking stuff seriously. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's just annoying, even if it's not really something overly serious, cause if it's something important to you, it makes you feel bad.
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Tell him he has a small penis...then when he gets all senstive say "Awe but I was only joking!"
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:05 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• ^ lmao
    Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 4:49 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• my husband has a crap sense of humor sometimes... sounds like yours was trying to lighten the mood but misfired. the problem is that he did not respond the way you wanted him to. in situations like this i just try to remember that we don't all have a script and we just do what we do. if you can let go of the anger and just say something like, "i was very upset and was hoping for your support. you making light of me nearly being in a serious accident is not something i find humorous. please do not condescend to me with sexist remarks." As much as vindictive comments are probably appealing right now, in the long run they only increase the problem.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2009