• In the Spotlight:

boob job

The other day DH and I were on the couch kissing/cuddeling just being cute, he had a hand up my shirt, he kissed me and asked me what i wanted for a anniv. gift. I said boobs he was like oh yea I said yea BIG BOOBS. He told me if I want them he will get them as a anniv. gift for us. I have thought about it before but never really seriously considered it until now. I wasnt sure if hubby was serious so i asked him agan a2 days later he said he loved my body as is and after 17 years of marriage he still finds me incredibly sexy but if I wawnted them that i should get them he wouldnt object. I have always wanted boobs and i never really liked being flat. I am 37 and i kinda feel like its now or never . What do you guys think im 5'6 but pretty pettite what size should i go if i decide to do this? Lastly i have a teenage son would he be embarrased or ashamed if i did this?

luckyblueeyeris

Asked by luckyblueeyeris at 11:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I had mine done at 34,with a teenager at home.He was fine with it.(didn't ask to many questions though lol)I have not regretted the surgery at all.The only thing I regret is goung a little to big.I was an A and got up to a D.I think a C would have been plenty.My DH loves them ALOT
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 11:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• In no particular order.......If you want to know if your son would be embarrassed, ask him. As long as you didn't get some enormous porn-star model implants, he probably won't have much of an opinion, lol......Oh, be sure not to start wearing tube tops around his friends to show them off. J/K LOL!

Anyway, if it would make you a happier person, DO IT. I do believe in being happy with yourself as it is........BUT........there is a strong possibility that in a few years when my breasts actually hit the floor or tie around my neck in a pretty bow I will be getting them lifted to where they rightfully should've been all along somewhere towards the upper part of my chest, lol!

Consult your doctor as to what size would be best. I hear they have ones now that are easily adjusted up or down. I would go smaller first as it is easier to upgrade.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• when im done having kids & i graduate college, i hope i have enough money to fix my boobs. im just scared fo the pain. i wouldnt get them too big, that looks bad. plus i dont like that big boobs. i like them yano, closer to medium. i dont know if your son would be embarrased. my aunt got her boobs done, at about your age actually, because she was always really flat, & she has a stepson that she pretty much raised who was probably 19 or 20 when she got them, and i dont really think he cares but your situation might be different, i dont know.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I got mine done last year. I was 36. One of the best things I ever did. And they are so nice that people think they are real. My husband loves them. What I really like is the clothes I can wear now. I actually can fill things out in a classy way. My sister can spot fake boobs in an instant and she says mine are the best she has even seen. Go for it. I was up and moving around the same day. You will be sore and keep up on the pain meds...They will be swollen and look horrible the first week but after that they will begin to drop and fluff. Good luck.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 11:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I can't say what size you should get without seeing your body proportions. I would say though that if you don't go SUPER big and you are not running around with them hanging out, then your son will probably be OK with it. I am 5'2" and at one point I was about a 34B but mine shrunk and sagged after 3 kids so I will be getting mine done when my boys are a little older and don't need me to do as much for them. I would like to go up to a small C.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You know...I have a couple cups I can spare of mine...honestly...if you really truly want boobies get them a size to match your body. I am rather disproportioned in my opinion. I am only 5', while I have wide hips, no one notices them over the 38Fs sitting in their face. Your son probably won't notice...his friends will. I have a two teen brothers...with friends obviously. They notice boobs.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:05 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Go for it!! A full C or small D would be awesome.
    Your teenage son might be embarrassed, but he's only home for a few more years anyway. He'll get over it.
    That is an awesome AWESOME anniversary gift.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i actually had a breast reduction about 5 years ago. it was for health reasons (back and neck pain). but i LOVED the results. i was thrilled with the cute bras i could wear and how much better all the clothes fit. even though the recovery was REALLY hard (its much worse for redux than augmentation), i still think it was the best thing i've ever done for myself.

however, i would really research the health risks and complications for augmentation. i know the technology has come a long way, but we still hear bad stories sometimes. whatever you decide, good luck! :)
    LeahJ

Answer by LeahJ at 10:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2009