bedtime?

I was talking to some friends with children the other day. I was saying that this time change has my daughter a little messed up. She use to sleep from 7:30-7:30 no problem. Now she sleeps from 7:30-6:30 since the time change. The majority of them thinks my daughter is going to bed way to early. We just moved it from 8:00 to 7:30 a month or so ago because she just couldnt make it that long. She is not a napper so by 7:30 she is worn out. Some of my friends made me think that I am putting her to bed WAY TO EARLY. I have no problem getting up with her but now they are making me second quess our bedtime for her. She is 8 months old. What time does your little ones go to bed and how old are they?

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 11:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know I haven't been a mom very long but I have enough common sense to know that you as THE PARENT are the only one who should decide when the best time is for your baby to go to bed at night. Besides if she isn't a napper and she's tired by 7:30 then why not let her sleep. As long as doesn't hinder you to get up early in the morning with her i shouldn't be a problem. Most importantly you shouldn't ever let anyone second guess how you're taking care of your child.
    marie828

Answer by marie828 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I am not changing it but they made me think about it. I thought 7:30 was a good bedtime. She is just so worn out by then that I rarely have a problem getting her to sleep. Thanks for the advice.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My son is almost 4 and his bed time is between 7 and 8. If he has a fussy day he goes to bed at 7. This is always how i've had it just because no matter what time he goes to bed he always wakes up early so I figure he might as well get a full night's rest if he can. Plus when he starts school it won't be as hard on him since he'll already be on that type of time schedule. I agree with the first post you're the parent you know your child don't let anyone make you rethink that. People usually make a comment on my son's bed time too. It makes me mad on the inside but on the outside i just say, well that's what works best for him.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:30 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My sons usual bedtime is around 8 830 but when hes teething or refuses to nap i usually put him down around 730. So I would say your not puting him to bed to early.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2009