What's a good workout in my position?

I need to lose belly fat, and love handles. I have bad back pain, so I can only stand sit ups for a couple minutes, I want to lose just the weight in my belly and back, cause i'm happy with everywhere else. Having my son just kinda got me out of shape in those two places. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You can't "spot reduce" fat from specific areas,

^^^^ That

Because of your back, I'd suggest getting some of the Walk Away the Pounds dvd's. They suggest you use hand weights through part of it, but you don't have to until you're up to it. Toning the muscles in your stomach and back would probably help the pain and what you don't like, and if you do any workout properly (abs contracted, correct posture) it will automatically happen.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Any kind of Pilates,core work should tighten you up there
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 11:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Sit-ups won't help you lose belly fat. The biggest help will be diet, then cardio and weight lifting. You can't "spot reduce" fat from specific areas, especially not from sit-ups or other ab work, you just have to bring your over all body fat down.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yoga, Pilates, or walking, maybe swimming or a large trampoline;trampolines have no impact on your joints and use gravity to work muscles, so it may be a good option for you. Learn good posture and keep it all day long. You can check by standing against a wall; your heels, hips, shoulders, and head should touch the wall. Maintain that posture all day, it will encourage you to use your core more for support, and in turn may alleviate your back pain somewhat. Keep your stomach and pelvis tucked in, and your shoulders pulled down. This will also make you look and feel more confident and commanding!
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I have scoliosis, so I can't have good posture, lol. It hurts to sit up straight.
    Anonymous