Aside from the obvious, what are symptoms if any of a broken nose?

Yeah, I know if it was crooked and gushing and split open it'd be broken. LOL. I hit my face a few nights ago on the back of a metal chair. Brilliant me reached down in the pitch dark to grab a shoe out of my son's open closet to prop open his bedroom door. Little did I know the chair he uses to hang up his clothes was there, and I smashed my face and nose on the chair. Its the space between my upper lip and nose and part of my nose. My eyes were a little dark in the corners for a few days, and I had a swollen lip. Now my teeth even hurt, and I have been having raging headaches on and off. I feel terrible. I know its gonna hurt, but what is too much, ya know? *didn't know where to put this question, so I chose just for fun....however, it was not fun....

Katlyne120806

Asked by Katlyne120806 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Usually it hurts worse the next day. I would get it checked. Just in case. I couldn't wear my glasses for the first day. Now, they might not x-ray you right away if you are too swollen. I had to wait two days before they x-rayed it. But Ice helped take the swelling and made my eyes not hurt.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:55 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Feel your nose? Can you feel anything different?

I broke my nose three times, so the second and third time it was just such an easy break. The first time I was 7 and they didn't believe what happened to me, so they never x-rayed my nose. That time you could see it was like flat. The second time you could see the crooked bone. This last time, I wasn't healed yet and collided with the steel cranium that is my daughter's head, and I could feel the bone move.

If I was you, I would call the doctor and ask them if they want you to come in. You might have a bruise or something. It's always best to get checked just in case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Ummmm okay that was NOT supposed to be anonymous LOLZ
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I do that all the time...accidentally make myself anonymous! Sometimes its already checked!** My whole face hurts and it feels really bad today for some reason. I'm also painfully aware of how close my 4 month old has gotten to bashing it again for me. I'm ducking around doorways just knowing I'm gonna hit it again!
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2009