annoyed with my sons friend

I know 10yo boys are overall a bit nerdy, and they imo should be accepted for the stage they are at. originally, I liked this boy because he is overall nice. but his mother is annoying she has a way of talking that is very bossy and overall negative attitude and inflexible with life. Her son is like that too, but he is very happy. He also is lispy and over enunciates the "t" sound at the end of the word, sounds like he is spitting and his laugh is so annoying to me, I can't stand him, and I feel bad about it, he's not mean, occasionally too critical or correcting others, but overall cooperative and friendly. BUT I CAN'T STAND HIM. I feel bad but the kid is annoying to me and so is his mom, and I dont' know how to limit them form my life! I don't want to hurt or insult them, but ug, intrusive and too much and frankly totally dorky to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I understand you, I know of a few people that I can't stand to be around, or only can stand for a very few minutes, LOl I would just tell him that your family is very busy, and always find some reason that way it's not hurtful if your a busy person. They will understand. As people are people they can't change. Hope that helps though. It works for me :)
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:08 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• unless that kid is a bad influence let them play together. The mom maybe avoid her... They all have to grown up and your sons happiness comes first, right? That kid might be famous or rich or maybe help your son get out of bad decisions and keep him away from the wrong crowd of friend or maybe better yet save your sons life! Some people say its not that serious but my childhood friend saved mine. She would have love to meet my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• you will never like all of your children's friends.
    these are your children's friends, not yours.
    that's all you need to remember.
    your momma probably didn't like all of your friends, call and ask her.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• You can start by limiting their time spent together to once a week. In the meantime, invite some boys that you do like to come to your home to play with your son. It is likely that your son will bond with them and that he won't miss the other one too badly. Then you can stretch the visits to every two weeks or whatever you think you can stand. Or you can just be honest with the mom and tell her you think your boys need to form other friendships and go from there.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I told my mom how I felt so bad about not liking this boy, or his mother, and my mom said the kid is totally irritating to her, too, and she didn't like the mother at all. She see them as pushy and the boy just gets in her face and overly excited and just annoying, she said she didn't know how I could stand them, I thinks that they bardged in on my family. and she has resented them from the start.
    I always thought this friendship was for my son, and the kids play well together, its just the mom wants a friendship with me too, and I was babysitting her son all the time. and tommorrow is his birthday, and I said I would go, but I really don't want to, (we are the only ones invited) anyway, I don't know, I have avoided them at time, and she questions me about it, and acts like I'm stupid, if I say my nerves are shot from the kids energy and need a break from them being together, she tells me to just go in my bedroom! its her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2009