Phoenix Moms!! Which area is best???

Central/South Phoenix, East Valley, Phoenix North, or West Valley? And what area's in particular are best out of 1 of the 4 areas you chose?

I know everyone may have their own idea of what makes an area BEST so I would say base your idea of quality on the areas visual appeal, distance to shopping (like grocery) and activity, the folks in the area (neighborly, reserved, trouble makers?), the school district, AND is it family friendly??

Thanks A lot!

remaining_me

Asked by remaining_me at 1:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Travel

• I've lived in the valley for over 6 years. Here is my opinion.
    Stay away from the west valley, especially the southwest valley. North Scottsdale is the nicest but it is very expensive. Chandler is a nice alternative if you can't afford Scottsdale. Mesa is okay. I lived there for a year and always felt safe but we had our vehicle stolen twice there. I'd also stay away from Tempe if you have a family. The younger crowd lives there.

1. North Scottsdale
    2. North Phoenix (tatum blvd area)
    3. Chandler

As far as schools go, look at the statistics! Schools in the valley don't look so good on paper. I'd look into charter or private schools if you can afford it.
    Feel free to send me a message if you have more questions.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I have never lived in Phoenix, but i have lived in Tucson, and went to phoenix quite often. And I'd say after being to practically evrey part, i liked Chandler and the surrounding areas the best.
    ChristiansMom31

Answer by ChristiansMom31 at 3:26 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Ok here's a ranking IMO from 1 to 3. and I am pretty sure they are all in the East Valley.

1. Chandler 2. Tempe 3. Mesa

ChristiansMom31

Answer by ChristiansMom31 at 3:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• does arizona still have the highest kidnapping rate in the us?
    Anonymous

• thanks so far for the anyswers. to Anonymous..this is the area where u add an ANSWER..if you'd like some information, post your own question elsewhere. i cant help you.
    remaining_me

Answer by remaining_me at 12:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i would have to say the east valley, i only go to the west valley when need be, my fave areas are: tempe, mesa, chandler, gilbert. ive had my kids in the tempe and mesa school districts and have had good experiances with both areas. i have tons of friends in the east valley area and some in the west valley and would only live in the east valley if i have my way. good luck finding the area thats right for you and your family. cant wait til you move out here. OH the trouble we can get into!!! mwah hahahaha
    nurse_kiddy

Answer by nurse_kiddy at 1:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2009