Labor or not!? HELP!!!

Im having Super sharp pains shooting down my stomach starting at right under my rib cage and going down to my crotch. I feel a TON of pressure when they happen and their coming like every 5 to 6 min. My tummy gets really tight when it happens.Is this labor or not? I tried to poop cuz I thought it might help but nothing. Im 38 weeks and 5 days preg.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 1:23 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah u need to go to the hospital...... especially having the feeling like u gotta poop and a lot of pressure
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• sounds like it could be call a nurse or go on to the hospital!
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 1:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• It could be, does it feel like a period cramp? Like a strong one? Sounds like labor is a good possibility. Call Labor and Delivery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• it feels kinda like a period cramp from hell! like I have to stop talking and typing when one hits
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Yeah the feling like you have to poop thing wa what ipped me off for you, I'd go to the L&D and good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• just relax and wait it out. if you start having these intense pains every 4-5 minutes for over an hour, you might want to call your midwife/ OB. good luck =) there is nothing really to worry about. just try to relax because baby might come today, or in a month. sometimes women have early labor weeks before baby comes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Nov. 6, 2009