is there a way to make your water break or make you go into labor. Im 40 wks i want this baby to come already

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have sex with you on top, even twice in a day if u have to. every day until it works it took me like 3 days. but after each time, get in the shower right away, put on the warmest water u can stand n hold the shower against ur belly up and down up and down, all around ur tummy. people used to tell me but i didnt try it until i tried everything else, like u i felt desperate. it worked by like 4th time, all 4 times in the same week. in the end i just heard a LOUD POP, n water started coming down.better in the shower than on the bed, lol. lemme know how it works out for u...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• im sure there is a way to make ur water break but im sure it wouldnt be safe for you or the baby....the baby might not be ready or bein some weird position

inducing? alls Ive tried is sex, walking, and warm baths...nothing crazy but hasnt worked
    ppl say castor oil is okay to try but it may not work and it makes you feel sick and can make the baby poop in the amniotic sac

umm...primrose helps to soften the cervix

but other than those, primrose, sex, walking, warm baths, I wouldnt try anything else myself so I wont put the other methods Ive heard of
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:16 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• oh.lol not to hide the methods from you but I have spoken to my doctor and he strongly advised against some of the ones that were given to me as advice

also I heard spicy food because it stimulates something that may cause contractions
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• DO not rupture your membranes.. Doing so does not put you into labor. There are things you can try, but untill your body is ready it probably wont work. take a walk, cook some meals, relax in the tub. Enjoy the last few days of being pregnant, soon enough you will have your baby... it willcome, it will happen, you will not be pregnant for ever..... I understand how uncomftorble you are, but you will make yourself more frustrated by trying to speed along a process that you reall can't speed along.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• LOL I hate when People said "it will happen." I had severe pre-e, so I never got to experience labor. But my mom said sex followed by a hot shower worked for her. She also went for a good walk. By the next day she was in labor.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 5:42 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• 40 wks is just a midpoint. full term is 38-42 wks. you will have your baby; you will NOT be pregnant forever. let baby come on its own. it's better for baby and mom. also, if this is your first, the avg for first time moms to go into labor is 41wk 1d.
    but, if you're going to be impatient, my only advice would be to stay away from castor oil. it is passed through the placenta and can make your baby go into distress.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:04 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Trying to rupture your own water is DANGEROUS! You can cause a cord prolapse (911 emergency!), or at least a malpresentation (HARD on baby, slower, harder labor), or infection.

The water breaking is not always a sign of labor.   You can be 40 weeks and leaking for a couple of weeks without any contractions (not in labor yet).   When the contractions pick up and are very intense (especially nearer the end), the sac will likely rupture,   But for some, it doesn't, baby is born gently in the sac, intact, lovely!

Why do you want your baby born now?
    Are you having complications?
    What does your baby want?
    Is this your first?
    Is it a healthy pregnancy?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:00 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• it's safest to just relax and let the baby come when s/he's ready, unless there is a medical problem. surely you have less than 2 weeks left so be as patient as possible. i know, easier said than done!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• um sure but you can end up with a very sick or dead baby. look i know your tired. try walking alot. ask yourdoctor if he will strip your membranes, it doesnt always work but give it a try. areu dialated at all?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Not yourself, no. You can try calling your doctor all the time and hope you bug him enough that he will be willing to induce your labour. But then they need to use a drug called Oxytocin to induce your labour because breaking your water only sometimes does the trick. This pretty much skips you passed the easy labour and right into the hard labour. I really missed the true labour experience with my first child (I was induced because of pre-eclampsia), and I bet you will also miss it. You are almost there, let it be a surprise as to when it happens. But I know how you must feel, and I pregnant with my second, only 24 weeks and sick of it already.
    Anonymous