Ok so if I go into labor now what would the doctor have to do to get my baby out safe?

Im 39 weeks pregnant and my now Ex boyfriend decided to screw around on me and give me vanerial warts. Gross I know. But if I go into labor now, I know there is no way I can deliver my baby vaginaly. Would he have to be a c-section baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You will still probably deliver vaginally the warts won't transfer to the babie and if it hurts really badly you can ask for a shot in your perineal region to numb yourself down there, or you could just get an epidural and not feel anything from your waist down. I'm sorry your bf was a skeeze and had to make an already painful thing hurt even more. Did you at least burn his clothes up?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• no, i think he's gonna have to do it vaginally but its gonna hurt like hell, more than it already does. don't move around much u'll prolly delay labor.try to delay.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:19 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i know a woman who has herpes, i knkow only because she is close to me, the second she went into labor she called the hospital and told them she had to have a c-section because she has an STD and she had her baby via emergency c-section.

You just have to insist and if you have an STD that the baby can get theres no way there going to say, nope...do it vaginally...thatd be dumb on the docs part
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• oh and not that the baby would necessariy be born with it
    i mean the most common case is when a woman has herpes and delivers vaginally there is a chance of the baby going blind if spread. Other than that the docs i assume would just be very careful....but thats where a c-section in my opinion would be safest
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• you'll have to do a lot of research to find out if venereal warts can be transferred to the baby. if not vaginal would probably be much easier, less painful, less risks of complication, and better recovery. sorry honey. that sux =(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i would op for a c-section if i were u
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 10:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• If I had any active STD (meaning an actual outbreak at the time) I would demand a c-section. Although it wouldnt do anything bad to you, the baby can contract some STD's (I know herpes is one of them but I am not sure about warts) from passing through the birth canal. Its not a chance that I would take.

You can have the warts burned off that late in pregnancy so I would suggest going to the doc and having them burn them off
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• OMG ladies! Read some books or look it up online! Genital warts can NOT be passed to the baby during delivery and to suggest to someone to have a C-section that is not warranted is just plain irresponsible. A C-section is a MAJOR surgery that has far more risks and not to mention recovery time. If you have had a previous section then go for it; otherwise I would never recommend "elective" c-sections.
    RachaelRainer

Answer by RachaelRainer at 12:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2009