losing lots of hair after baby

my baby is 5 months and about 2 months ago all of the sudden i started losing alot of hair..i have short little hairs in front along my hair line...and i can definetly tell the difference in how thin it is now..i read somewhere that its normal and if its still happening after 6 months to go to the doctor..i jus want to know from real women if this happened to you? and how long until it went back to normal?

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 3:43 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• totally normal. Every time I took a shower after having my baby I thought I was going to come out bald.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 3:49 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• thats what it seems like!! theres hair on everything around the house too
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 3:51 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• It is normal. I lost hair for a long while, but it all pretty much kept growing in too! Hence your short little hairs growing in on your hairline! It's annoying, but it does get better!
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 4:26 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• That happened to me to with my 2 kids. I thought that I was going bald I lost a lot of hair I mean like chuncks of it. but it gross back and better, my hair didnt stop falling out till my kids were about 8-9 months. I dont know if you ever heard the myth but they say when babys suck on their fingers that makes your hair fall out. LOL! thought that i would share that with you for fun.
    ProudMom351

Answer by ProudMom351 at 5:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• It because once the baby is gone all the vitamins and nutrients left your body. Some people are some times afraid of that happening and continue to use pregnancy pills. The doctor told me before the baby came out that everything in my body will come out when I delivered so to take in as much fruit and veggies and protien as I could. Lol losing hair is very normal
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 6:07 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• totally normal though it scared the tar out of me with my first one!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:55 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Normal. You DIDN'T lose hair during your pregnancy. So noiw you're losing everything you would have during that nine months. You won't go bald. And vitamins won't make much difference...though taking them is a good idea anyway.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:23 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• thats funny ive never heard that myth, but my daughter does suck her thumb..lol
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 6, 2009