Any makeup artist out there? I need some advise please!

My brother is getting married next week and my mom has asked me to do her makeup for the wedding. No biggie, only problem is I have only ever done my makeup and my mom's makeup would be complicated. She would put on her base and wants me to do her eyes. The complication comes in that my mom was in an accident when she was younger and it's caused her eye lids to droop down almost covering majority of her eye skin. She joked stating she would super glue her extra skin up for the wedding. She has a dark peachy pink olive complexion and her eye lids are already a pinky dark brown color. Concealer does not look right on her eyes. I've done 3 trial runs of make up and none look right. I've googled and youtubed everything I could think of with zero luck.

What colors should I use on her? Any specific colors to make her eyes seem less droopy and saggy and more perky?

momtotrips

Asked by momtotrips at 8:47 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Cont....

I have already had her make up done at Merle Norman, Dillards, and Aveda and no one can get it right. She wants to look natural with just a little color to pep up her eyes, but they all go overboard and make her look like some crazy kabookie dancer.

So, the option of getting make up done professionally is out the window.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 8:59 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• have you tried any goldish tints? they look pretty i use loreal in the quad thing

but not purple mascara lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• golds, creams, and things with light shimmer.......maybe you could try playing up her eye lashes instead of focusing on eyeshadow, and if she does her cheeks and eyelashes and some lips it wont be a big notice with little to no eyeshadow!! just a thought. my grandma has this problem too.....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• hey hun well i hope this helps NO SHIMMER NO GLITTER WHATSO EVER IT WILL ONLY AGE HER EYES. for her face get a primer and i like macs painterly paint pot but i use on myself soft ochre because i have darker lids than my skin its self well when i am doing clients make up i start by working with a clean face then i prime the whole face after that i cover up any and all blotches , red spots or brown spots or acne ect.... then to help achive the flawless look i apply the concler and then the foundation you want a light coverage foundation so it wont look so cakey and then a translucent powder to set the foundation , use a light pink or soft pink blush just to give her a glow then you want to keep the face matte and the same with the eyes ok for her eyes do the same prime the eye then use i would highly suggest macs paint pot or any creme based not oil to set the shadow then you just apply the creme from top to bottom and fill in
    magical_mommy

Answer by magical_mommy at 5:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• continued-
    the darkness and it will not only rid of the brown hue but will make an even tone for the shadow no dark colors a light shadow no shimmer . k hope this helps
    magical_mommy

Answer by magical_mommy at 5:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2009