Its Christmas time! Time to celebrate the birth of Christ!

When I was a kid I hated this holiday. As I get older I understand the meaning and I love.

What type of Christmas music do you play?

What is your favorite religious Christmas song?

And my question: I love Angels we have heard on high. There is one version by a guy I think is named Michael. I don't know for sure though every time it is announced on the radio it is said so quick I never catch the name. I think I have heard the song called Gloria as well. Any idea what the artist name is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh I love them all.
    My favorite tho is hallelujah
    We sang it in choir in high school
    Us sopranos were so scared of not being able to hit tha treally high note the night of the concert LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• It is ? Its not even December yet !!!
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 9:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• It is ? Its not even December yet !!!

They were already putting up the decorations and setting up the displays on Halloween at some of the stores around here. I figure in a few more years they can combine it with back to school shopping so you can buy your kids a whole year worth of clothes at one time.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• They were already putting up the decorations and setting up the displays on Halloween at some of the stores around here. I figure in a few more years they can combine it with back to school shopping so you can buy your kids a whole year worth of clothes at one time.

LOL
    I agree. I love Christmas tho.
    I dont decorate for it tho til thanksgiving day with family. TIl then we have our fall harvest decor out
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I love, love Christmas time. I am always struggling with showing my kids the true meaning of Christmas- which to me is to celebrate not only the nativity- but to celebrate the life of Jesus by focusing on charity, thanksgiving, and servitude.

Christmas time- we all go through all of our stuff and find things to donate. Even my 4 yr old gets into this. We bake and bake and bake. We give baked goods to our neighbors, mail carrier, and garbage collectors. We also make up baskets with our baked goods for our single soldiers (dh is in the army). Usually we get an angel off of a tree to get gifts for.

The problem is our routine has become kind of mundane- to routine I guess. I am looking for some new ways to be charitable that I can do with both a 4yr old and a 13 yr old. ..
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:17 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• No it's not! It's NOVEMBER!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I forgot to answer your ?- the only Michael I can think of is Michael Smith. I love all of the religious Christmas songs.

My all time favorite- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. I also like O Holy Night, What Child Is This, and Joy To The World. and The Little Drummer Boy always makes me tear up a little.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• anyway...
    my favorite song is o holy night :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:22 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• so the trolls had to come to discuss the calendar but couldn't answer the question. *typical*

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

You mean like you did? Don't see your answer, either. But if you're that anal about it - O Tannenbaum
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:33 AM on Nov. 6, 2009