(TMI) Please help, it is coming from both ends.

I have been throwing up and having diareah since about 3am, I can not go to the doctor until DH gets home from work at 4pm. How can I make it stop? I feel like where I am so sick I am not being able to care for my 7 month old properly, plus I really wish I didn't make him sick. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Health

• You might have food poisoning
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:19 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• that or the flu, do you have any other symptoms?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Can you call in to your doctor's office and tell them your problem and have them call in a prescription for you? I was able to do that about two weeks after I had my daughter. I never went in to see them. They just called it in and then my husband picked it up during his lunch break.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Oooh, I had that a few months ago. It's nasty but thankfully short-lived.

Immodium AD was somewhat hepful for me, but it really needed to run its course for a day. Of course, it had to have happened on a Saturday when I couldn't see a doc!

Answer by gdiamante at 9:33 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Sounds like food poisoning. Once everything comes out, it should stop. Try drinking water so you don't get dehydrated. Call the doctor and see what they say.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• It could be anything but probably nothing deadly so I would just call the Dr and have them call you something out. Maybe your dh will pick it up on th eway home.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• If you have recently had a baby, do you maybe still have some morning sickness meds on hand to stop the vomiting? Also, do you have Imodium for the diarrhea?

Your baby won't catch it if you are BF because your body is already making antibodies for it. If you aren't BFing, be sure to not breathe on the baby, kiss the baby, etc. And always wash your hands before touching the baby.

If you are running a fever and notice any difficulty breathing and/or a cough then it could be H1N1.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2009